9/15/16

C & C Class

Acrylic.  This the second part of the under painting. I like to get color underneath some of the dark areas as it will show through and be more interesting.  I painted all the areas with various colors on the pelican as well as gray on the body and the piling.  I painted some white on the front of his head and beak (To correct the shapes).

I used a mixed gray and painted a medium light value from the red on the back of  the head down to the tail except for the wing.

I painted more yellow on the head and chest area.  I painted a light very blue for the eye. I mixed a medium dark and painted the back of the head (the red area) leaving a little red at the top and blending it.  I painted down the neck and body to the tail.  I fixed the shape of the yellow spot on his chest and made it look like feathers.  I painted around the second leg (negative painting) so it would show up.  I left the part of the body by the wing light and painted a shadow under the wing.  I did a little light painting on the wing as well.  I painted green and brown, lightly, on the piling. I painted white on the red drip behind his head.  The drip on his body will go the more I paint the body.