9/29/16

BAL Mixed media September, 2016

At home I put Yellow Canary over the white on the unfinished petals.  Remember, I typically would work all over the entire piece rather than the center and a few petals.  That is done for class and time constraints.

I have used white on one of the petals to add more highlights.

I have started to add the darks.  Need to work on this quite a bit next class.

At home I added some yellow to her shirt and red to the scarf.

I worked mostly on the face with scarlet lake, canary yellow, indigo, true blue, and white.  I added a bit more dark in the background, especially in front of her face.  It has more work overall that is needed of course

At home I used pomegranate to define the flower (it was hard to see). 

I used pomegranate, white, and indigo to start the shadows and highlights on the flower.

I used indigo, canary yellow, true blue, red (can't remember which one), and white to work on the one leaf.

I worked on this a tiny bit, upright, wet-on-dry. I added some darks

I demonstrated the first pass on an upright, wet-on-dry, painting.  I used light and very wet color allowing it to drip.  I focused on the skin and pulled the paint into the background and onto the clothing.  I mostly put yellows on the light areas, blues in the shadows, and reds on the mediums.  This is not required, but seems to be what I do in general.