1/22/15

Continuing Watercolor (January and February 2015)

I worked on the fur, basically drawing with the paint.  You could also do dry brush for the fur.  I added quite a few darks as well.

I added the wood texture to the handle (using a brown) paying attention to the values and shadows.  I added a lot of the dark and medium shapes to the brass (there is more to do).  Making something shiny requires values and shapes.  I worked a bit more on the plate (it needs a lot more work) as well as the stack of plates.  I added a little texture to the tablecloth as well.  I worked on the black handle as well.

This still has the rubber cement.  It has 3 coats or rubber cement and color.  In the first two layers I used blue, yellow, and green.  The third layer was mostly yellow and red.

This is after the rubber cement was removed.
I added the drawing after lining it up.  I traced some of the branches and leaves and drew others that fit the background.