1/9/15

BAL Mixed Media

This started as a rubber cement textured watercolor.  I superimposed the rooster on top.  I did a little pen & ink on his waddle, around his eye, and the hair going into his comb.  I used a red prismacolor (scarlet lake) plus white and indigo to work on the waddle and comb.  I used watercolor to darken the background.  There is quite a lot to do still, but it is a good start.

This was started on white student grade watercolor paper.  I transferred the drawing and painted it simply and quickly in acrylic (very thin acrylic).  It can be done in watercolor as well..  I did some pen & ink for demonstration.  I then put a thin layer of Acrylic Ground for Pastel over the whole thing (it dries transparent/translucent).  I will add colored pencil next week (it needed to dry well).