1/24/15

BAL Mixed Media (January and February 2015)

I worked on this after class.  I have added more dark to the background and more white to his feathers.  The photo is not great (I had trouble, as usual, photographing this and the man - both dark subjects).

I have worked on one of the pears in the back.

The color is off of course.  This is the blue watercolor background with white gouache in a value study approach.  This is the photo I took in class before I started with the colored pencil.

The color is a bit bright here.  This is the man after I used colored pencil on his face and hat and a little on the beard.  I used peach, light peach, sienna, dark brown, indigo, scarlet lake, canary yellow, white.  Remember I also showed you on the collar how to do a gentle wash of watercolor glaze over the white gouache.