10/29/20

NCBG MM October & November 2020

 

I added a few more layers of paint adding shadows.  I used very simple colors and they do not all match which is OK for an underpainting.  Next class we will work on the background.  You do not need the painting part to be completed, you will have time in class and the following week (I needed to have it completed so I could add the background in a demo).  We will do most of the colored pencil part in the Nov. 6 class.  We will possibly get a start on the colored pencil this Friday if time permits and it things dry in time.

I added more watercolor shadows.  I will also be adding black ink to the shadows in a demo. The watercolor helps me get the shapes organized and to use less ink. If/when you do a shadow in a light area do not be concerned, I do it regularly.  It is workable/fixable.

I have used mostly the white and black pen on the pinecone and branch.  The background is watercolor.  I have added a tiny bit of colored pencil into the pinecone to tint areas after I finished with the pen & ink.  I will demo on this a little for you tomorrow during class.