10/2/20

NCBG BCP September, 2020

 

I demonstrated the background, adding more color.  So far I have added Copenhagen blue, Spanish orange, and red to parts of the background (I cannot remember which red I used, either scarlet lake or pomegranate).  I added some scarlet lake and spanish orange to the blueberries and the branch as well as more copenhagen to some areas.  Remember to use the eraser, the stik tak, and the stump as needed.  keep your edges neat and use a light touch.  Layer, layer, layer, lightly.  

Look at the pears on my art blog by clicking the link on this page at the top left, Kate's Art, to look at the background of the pears.  This piece was done with 6 colors, I used all 6 in various proportions over the background.  I did many light layers.  I used the eraser, stik tak, and stump all over this piece.  Many layers were built to the darks.



I worked more on the branches and the top leaf bud.