10/9/20

NCBG Intermediate Colored Pencil October, 2020

 

Value Side of Grafix Dura-Lar Matte paper.  I started this with black grape doing a value study.  You can use whatever color appeals to you for the dark - colors such as black, sepia, indigo, dark brown, etc.  I will add white in a few areas after the black grape value part is complete.  I work on top of a piece of white paper for adding the black grape and color and on top of black or colored paper for adding white. Remember this erases easily and the eraser or stik tak can be used to lift.  I used the Tombow Mono Zero eraser to remove the seeds in the middle part, you can also work around them the seeds if you so choose.  The bulk of the work on this piece will be done on the value side.

Color side of Grafix Dura-Lar Matte paper.  Using pale vermillion, spanish orange, and canary yellow I started adding color to the petals.  I used grass green and canary yellow to add green to the leaf parts. I used pale vermillion, spanish orange, and dark brown on the middle seed part.  I will demonstrate more color work in the next class.