9/29/19

Art & Ale September, 2019

I added a few more layers to the blue blueberry.  Is still needs a bit more darkening.  I used mostly copenhagen blue and pomegranate so far.  I may add some peacock blue at some point as well. Remember to use the stump for smoothing and remember to clean the stump!  I used more peacock blue and yellow chartreuse in light layers on the left bottom berry.  I used both scarlet lake and pomegranate on the red parts of the berry.  I added a little pomegranate to the bottom of the berry to make it more shadowed.  I used the stump between layers.  On the red berry I used both reds.  I did quite a few layers.  After each layer I used the stump.  I used copenhagen blue on the left side and some blue to make it darker on the inside circle thing.  As for the background.  Know that if this were not a class i would not have done the colors in a small area only.  They would fade out to the edges.  I added the colors in layers overlapping in the transition areas.  Overlapping is tricky and requires patience and light layers.  

This is the full blueberry piece I did at home.  We did the berries on the left side in class.  Use this to help you if needed.