9/12/19

Art & Ale Colored Pencil September, 2019

We started the giraffe with cream and white, shading lightly in a circular motion with the side of the cream pencil.  I did several layers of the cream and white (the white was added into the lightest areas).  I then concentrated on the neck area.  I made one light pass with cream, shading the spots using the side of the pencil.  The I used burnt ochre adding a few layers of that in the spots, lightly using the circular motion. I then added dark brown into dark areas of the spots and scarlet lake (crimson lake is fine) into the spots.  I added more cream in the light areas of the spots and more burnt ochre if needed.  I lightly shaded burnt ochre and dark brown over the cream on the dark shadow side of the giraffe's neck and burnt ochre into the cream on the light side as some areas on the light side have a red brown color.