9/18/19

Sertoma CW August and September, 2019

I did two passes of glazing.  I did this before class since it's the last class and it needs to be dry to work on in class.  The first pass was a warm yellow orange and the second pass was a warm yellow.  I made sure it dried overnight between glazes.  Yours may or may not need these glazes.  Mine did.  I did not wet the paper before.  I wanted the paper to be completely dry so the paint underneath would mostly stay put.  I mixed a light version of the glaze color and then gently applied it (do not rub the brush much on the surface when applying a glaze).  The first glaze was applied to the entire person, hair and all.  The second was applied only to the skin and the front part of the hair and shirt (to give it a glow of yellow).  Whenever I glaze I am aware that it truncates the contrast or range of values and that I will need to reestablish the contrast/values.