11/8/18

NCBG IEW Oct. & Nov. 2018

I worked a little on the bottom stem and bud and leaves.  I worked on the top as well getting the first pass of watercolor and adding some darks.

Added more shadows and details to the bottom section.

Before class I decided to make a second loose pass of color.

I started adding darks and color to some of the seeds and to a section in the bottom.  I also did a little white gouache work as well as negative painting work to show you 2 ways to get the fuzzy look.  I also demonstrated adding a slightly darker color to the bottom right background. 

This is before class and after the light blue pouring.

I added more masking and poured a third round going back to the warm yellow and red colors.  If this was not a class piece and I might have decided to pour a few more times.  But stopping here for time sake.

This is after taking off the top half of the masking.  I have a nice under painting on which to start direct painting.

Textures - blowing with a straw (2 colors), rubber cement on the left (only one light pass of purple so far, would do several more before removing the masking), sanding with watercolor pencils on a wet area top right, and the purple square is from another day where I splattered making with a tooth brush and then added the purple and removed the masking.

Salt, 2 sizes, and sanding into the color n the right side.

plastic wrap top left, larger bubble wrap top right, small bubble wrap bottom left, Wax paper (not a good one) bottom right.

See the Texture handout for a description the how to do these.