11/10/17

Sertoma Continuing Watercolor October & November 2017

I demonstrated scrubbing and lifting in the background mostly and on a few lemons and leaves as well.  Scrubbing is done with a scrubber (stiff bristle brush) which changes the paper and lifting is done with a soft brush and does not change the paper.  I lightened some areas mostly with scrubbing and also with some lifting.

I only did a little on this.  I demonstrated lifting on a few cranberries and worked a little on the glass.  This needs the dark background.

I wet the hair and dropped in a mixed orange color first.  It was a light wash.  I added some darks to the face with more skin color and a little skin color with a small amount of blue added (to make it head towards brown).  I also added blue to the hair color to make it more brown.  I then wet the hair and dropped in the orange-brown color in the dark areas of the hair.  I added dark skin color to the arm. I added the pupil and darkened the nostril and lips.