11/1/17

NCBG IEW October & November 2017

Wet-on-wet.  I painted more leaves, did a second pass on the front leaf, added brown to the stem.  I painted a few leaves flat to show  how to add form with lifting or scrubbing (2 methods for fixing watercolor paintings).   Need to add shadows and details to the leaves and stems, shadows on the petals, and darks to some of the background.

Wet-on-dry.  I worked upright, on an easel with wet paint on dry paper.  I worked with very light colors (a lot of water and a little pigment).  I made 2 very loose passes with yellow and green and then after that was dry some red.  After those dried I worked with slightly darker pigment (a little more pigment and water) and started painting the objects.  Still worked wet on dry.  On the branch I used 2 browns (a warm and cool brown), put in the pigment, and dotted it with water to create texture.  I will add shadows and lift/scrub the light areas.  For the leaves I made one pass.  Need to add shadows.  Only made one pass on 2 of the pears.  Need to add shadows and details.