11/7/17

NCBG IEW October & November 2017

I worked on another petal, adding the light gray shadow.  I added yellow to the previously painted petal.  I added shadows to the brown stem right under the flower.  I showed the use of the magic eraser (green leaf on the right side) and the use of a scrubber brush on various stems (always try a soft brush and a paper towel to remove paint before trying the scrubber or the magic eraser as they change the texture of the paper and how it paints).  I mixed 2 darks - one leaning green and one leaning a little warmer (a mid dark).  I wet the area around the flower and painted the area with the 2 darks allowing background color to show through.  I worked a little more on a few of the leaves.

I added some shadows to the pears.  I need to continue with the shadows and glaze some warm yellows and yellow greens as well as some texture.I added textured shadows to the branch.  I added a shadow to a leaf.  This needs shadows and details as well as glazed color.

Pouring.   First I poured a light purple that leaned a little red.  After it was dry I masked the rest of the veins/ribs.  After that was dry I poured 2 greens, one was very yellow and one was a mid green.  After that was dry I poured a bright yellow (mixed my warm and cool yellow).  I dried that and started painting the shadows. Two were just green (but varied) and one was green with a red-purple dropped in as well.  I will continue with the shadows as they are helpful for defining the cabbage and will help it start to take shade.  After the shadows I will either remove the masking and start painting texture, detail, and more shadows OR do one more round of green with a texture and then remove the masking and start painting (I am leaning towards the second option, but either would work).