7/12/17

Sertoma Painting People in watercolor (July and August 2017)

Wet on dry, painting upright on an easel.  On the first pass - started  on the skin with a cool red (quin. rose), warm yellow( quin, gold), and a green blue (pthalo).  I used very light paint and kept a leading edge drip going.  Pulled some of the paint out into the background and hair.  On the next pass I added some slightly darker skin colored paint to the eye, nose, and mouth areas as well as the neck.  On the third pass I painted color into the hair.  You can see on the back of the hair how the dark will be applied over the color with it showing through in some areas.  I will demo this next class.

Wet on wet, painting upright on an easel.  For the first pass I wet the paper, placed it on the easel, and started dropping in color letting it flow.  Use light color.  After that was dry on the second pass I started adding some skin color to the skin areas.