7/19/17

BAL Colored Pencil People July 2017

I painted a reddish brown over her skin with the watercolor pencil. I then used terra cotta prismacolor on her skin adding shadows.  I started using dark brown on one eye and eyebrow as well as her nose to darken, will continue that next class.  Started adding black to her hair.  Still a lot to do. 

After the black grape value study was done, decided to go in a new direction.  Using the watercolor pencils I added color to the sanded UART surface.  It went on well and is a nice new technique.  I let that dry and then started on the face adding shadows and color with terra cotta, cad orange, pomegranate, and highlights with white.  Used black and white on his beard and mustache.  I will continue next class.

Colored pencil on Turquoise mat board.  I am starting this with a white value study.  Plan to do white on the entire thing.  When I get more done I will post a photo.