6/15/17

NCBG AEW June 2017

Watercolor on Yupo.  I lifted a bit more on the dogwood as well as shaped and refined the top petal I had lifted during last weeks class.

Watercolor on Daniel Smith Watercolor Ground.  I painted another leaf.

I added a bit more white gouache, glazed some of the white gouache, and glazed the background with  rose and rich green gold (yellow would work as well).  I had also demonstrated adding dark and lifted some out after the demo.

Pouring.  I removed the masking fluid on the top of the pine cone and softened it with water and a brush.  I also painted some areas to incorporate the masking marks.

Wet on dry upright painting.  This was started with a light background, several colors, painted upright.  After it was dry I started painting the pears, branch, and leaf, upright and wet on dry.