6/5/17

BAL Colored Pencil Animals June 2017

White pencil on a dark brown mat board.  I transferred the drawing with white transfer paper.  I used a white prismacolor pencil shading in the values (lights, mediums and darks).  I will finish the white value study before I add color.

Prismacolor Colored pencils melted with a solvent on Stonehenge paper.  This is an under drawing.  I melted the pencil 2 ways.  One - I made shavings of the pencil with a small strainer into a jar lid and added the Goo Gone Gel, stirred and then painted it on the paper.  Two - I colored an area with a pencil and melted it with a brush dipped in Goo Gone Gel.  I also splattered the pencil colors

Watercolor pencils on watercolor paper for an under drawing.  I used Derwent Inktense watercolor pencils and Cotman 140 lb. watercolor paper.  I put the watercolor pencil on in three ways.  One - I colored and area on dry paper and then used a brush and water to wet it and to spread it around.  Two -  I wet an area, colored it and used a brush to spread it around. Three - I wet a brush, rubbed it on the pencil tip to pick up color, and painted the color on the paper.  After the under painting was done and dry I started working with Prismacolor colored pencils in the area below the eye.