3/30/17

Sertoma CW March and April 2017

I removed the masking and started correcting and working the masked items into the painting.  I corrected by reshaping using background color.  I used glazing to add color and also added shadows as needed.  I have more to do, but got a good start.  I splattered and painted some texture in the upper left corner (after glazing it and the dark background areas and under the arm with green gold (yellow or a light green could be used as well).  I started painting a board on the bottom left.  I added a few more leaves.  I added the dark center to one sunflower (added the dark color and put salt on it) and started painting the petals and leaves on another flower.  I still have a whole lot to do.

I painted the leaves with a middle green color I mixed.  I used rose and ultramarine to start shading the shadows on the flower (I have a few more left still).  I added a dark background (not completed yet).  I mixed indigo, a little warm red, and pthalo green, as well as a little yellow.  I added some texture to a large petal as well using some dry brushing.