3/10/17

Glen Eden/Sertoma CW March and April 2017

First I mixed the color for the towel and background.  I painted the color on the towel and very lightly on the background and parts of the dog.  I mixed a gray and started painting the dogs body.  I painted texture on the towel.  I started painting the digs head.  Remember, I painted this in a piecemeal fashion because it's a class demonstration for class.  I would normally work all over finishing areas if working at home.

First I painted a bright yellow in various areas around the painting.  I wanted the yellow underneath some of the areas to provide a glow.  Then I masked the straw sticking out around the head of the scarecrow. Next I used purple and yellow to start painting the clothing.  I used a brown for the head and greens, yellow, oranges, and browns for the leaves.  I put a little green on the scarecrow arm as well.