3/19/14

Continuing Watercolor (March & April 2014)

I added a few more leaves.  They still need a bit more work.  I added another petal or two.  I wet the background and dropped in very light versions of cobalt and a light beige color (burnt sienna and aureolin, I think) and a little green.

I wet the husks, dropped in purple (alizarin and indigo) and green (indigo and aureolin) and a bit of beige (burnt sienna and aurolin maybe...).  I then added salt when it was shiny but not a puddle.  It still needs work on details, the shadow (ugly green/blue color on mine), and the stem.

The colors I used were Indigo, aureolin, and alizarin in various mixtures and as they are.  I used the masking fluid (the Masquepen) on the wheel spokes.  I wet the background, I then dropped the color in, very dark by the face and head.  I added salt in a few areas, dots of color, dots of water to make blossoms.  There is one area to fix above the front basket and overall a few adjustments may be needed.