3/27/14

Continuing Watercolor (March and April 2014)

The edges between the background and the subject matter were gently cleaned with a brush and some water and lightly rubbing them to soften.  I did a few more petals,  I added some texture to the leaves and added a few more leaves.  I need to do the stem.

I added details and some darks as well as the stem (mixed a dark brown with burnt sienna and indigo and I had to add a bit of alizarin as well)

I worked on the skirt.  I dampened the skirt and added values using indigo and cobalt.  I cleaned up the background near the front basket and added a bit of negative painting to start bringing out the flowers there.  I added skin color and shape (I mixed Rose and aureolin for the skin a a bit of brown as well).  I mixed a brown for the hair and used that and yellow for the hair..  I dampened the back basket and used a brown and some cobalt to make a basket texture.  I will sharpen it up later (t is not done).