3/27/14

Aqueous Acrylic and Gouache (March and April 2014)

Acrylic.  I wet the 'shell' part and added purple, green, and brown.  I used a dark brown for the stem.  It needs the details which I will add next week.

Gouache.  I wet the 'shell' part and added purple, green, and red-brown.  I used a dark brown for the stem.  It needs the details which I will add next week.

Gouache.  I added little details, I added some highlights and cleaned up the edges of the petals with white.  I added red tips to the leaves and red details to the petals.  I brought the dark down a bit (may need to do it a bit more).  I would do the same with the acrylic version.

Acrylic on canvas panel (possible background for the old car).  I wet the panel, dropped in color, added salt (fine salt and large salt).  Add salt when it's shiny, but not a puddle for best results.

Gouache on masonite (possible background for the old car).  The masonite was primed with Kilz 2 primer first.  Then I added a bit of water and Absorbent Ground (Golden Acrylic product).  I wet the surface, dropped in color,  and added salt (fine salt and large salt).  Add salt when it's shiny, but not a puddle for best results.

Acrylic on a canvas panel (possible background for the egret).  I wet the panel, dropped in color, and laid the plastic wrap on the wet paint moving it around a bit until I liked the textures.  Allow this to dry before removing.

Gouache on a canvas panel (possible background for the egret).  Gouache on a canvas panel is unusual, this was a canvas panel that says it is good for gouache, most are not.  I wet the panel, dropped in color, and laid the plastic wrap on the wet paint moving it around a bit until I liked the textures.  Allow this to dry before removing.

Acrylic.  Rubber cement.  This is after 2 layers of rubber cement and paint.  Start by loosely dribbling rubber cement, allow to dry, paint a light color, dry, dribble more rubber cement, dry, paint more color, dry, and so on.  I do 3-5 layers and then remove the rubber cement.