3/19/14

Aqueous Acrylics & Gouache (March & April 2014)

Acrylic.  I wet the middle section and dropped in the colors I had mixed (the green and purple) keeping it light at the top.  I then added yellow and the purple texture marks and shadows as well.  I did this all on the first pass.

Gouache.  I wet the middle section and dropped in the colors I had mixed (the green and purple) keeping it light at the top.  I then added yellow and the purple texture marks and shadows as well.  I did this all on the first pass.

Gouache.  I wet the background and did an initial pass of green, blue, and yellow and a bit of red/purple.  It was on the medium dark side.  After it dried I started at the top and added much darker color allowing some from underneath to peak through.  This stopped right at the flower and I do need to continue it down getting a bit lighter as I go.  I would do the similar with acrylic working a bit faster and/or making sure to keep the paper wet.

Gouache.  This is an extra value study (left) and local color (right).  On the value study I demonstrated doing the value study on the background as well as the subject when you know the background will be dark.