9/5/13

Exploring Colored Pencil (August 2013)

Colored pencil on a dark background.  I added more white and showed 2 ways on adding a shadow - either dark in the shadow or if on black paper some light around the shadow.

Colored pencil on a light background. I started to add darks with dark brown.  I also added some color.  This will take quite a few layers.  In the shadows have values go from dark to light and pay attention to the subtle shades in the shadow.

Colored pencil on watercolor paper with a under drawing that is melted colored pencil (I used goo gone).  There are two ways I melted on here - 1. in a lid I scribble colored pencil, melted it, and painted and splattered it on the paper, 2. I shaded a few layers on the paper and then melted it.

This I showed in class - it is an acrylic textured painting (a plastic wrap texture) with Acrylic Ground for Pastel on top (Golden Acrylic Product), and colored pencil on top of that.  I have a few more layers of cp until it's done.