9/25/13

Aqueous Acrylic & Gouache (Sept./Oct. 2013)

Acrylic.  I added a color wash on the background, mostly a cool red.  I started adding the dark and white areas as well as the color on the top of the head and ears.

Gouache.  I carefully added a wash of color, mostly red and a little yellow to the background. I started adding the dark and white areas as well as the color on the top of the head and ears.   

Acrylic.  I transferred the drawing onto a textured acrylic background.  I have done a value study with white.

Gouache texture.  Wet the paper, drop in yellow and red, leave spaces and add the blue.  Make sure the paper is very wet so the color will move.  Don't mess too much with your paint brush.

Gouache (watercolor textured background).  I transferred the drawing onto a textured background.  I have done a value study with white.