9/30/13

Colored Pencil (September/October 2013)

Colored pencil on white.  Started as a value study.  This is the chicken after quite a few layers.  I used the small pencil topper eraser and the battery operated eraser to add more texture.  

This is the otmatoe on the textured surface after melting the pencil and spreading it around on the background.  It needs more work, but is improved.

This is the very beginning of the tomato with a blue value study under drawing.  I used true blue (Prismacolor).

This is the tomato after the first layer of red.

Colored pencil on a medium colored surface.  I transferred the drawing and then used white and black to create a 'road map' of the tiger.  I shaded the white and black areas lightly.  This will make it easier to know where I am on the drawing as I move forward with color and value.