5/23/13

Aqueous Acrylics (May/June 2013)

Blown paint texture.  I aded a small puddle of thinned acrylic and used a straw to blow the paint in various directions.  I started with red, then yellow, then the dark blue.  I would like to continue adding more color and texture.

Bubble wrap texture.  I wet the paper, dropped in color, placed the bubble wrap on top, placed a book to hold it down, and allowed it to dry.

Various textures.  I wet the paper and put down a dark blue color.  I allowed this to dry and then used various sponges and bubble wrap dipped in paint (a light beige color) and pressed onto the paper.  I allowed this to dry and added yellow and red glazes.

I have added many details and darks as well as lights to the parrot.

Plastic wrap texture.  I wet the paper, dropped in color, and placed the plastic wrap on top moving it to the shapes I want.  I allowed it to dry before removing.

I added a few highlights.

Wax paper texture.  I wet the paper, dropped in color, crumpled the wax paper, pressed it onto the paper, put books on top, and allowed it to dry before removing.