5/30/13

Aqueous Acrylics (May/June 2013)

The background was done with burnt sienna, magenta, black, primary blue.  I wet the surface, dropped in the color, placed plastic wrap on top, allowed it to dry.  I transferred the drawing and painted the petals with a yellow and white mixture (a thin layer).

I added some feathers, wrinkles, and hairs to the face as well as a few feathers on the body and wings as needed.

I worked on the windshield, added dark in the grill as well as white, added color to a few areas that had none, and sponged in the bottom vegetation.

I transferred the drawing, wet the clothes areas and a little background outside the clothes areas, dropped in transparent/thin color (burnt sienna and yellow oxide for the scarf and apron, blue for the shirt), placed plastic wrap on top, allowed it to dry.