10/22/21

Zoom Mixed Media October, 2021

 




This is how it looked before I worked on it in class today with colored pencil.

This is how it looked at the end of the video.  It is really close to being complete.  I need to do the background and a little more to the hair as well as look it over to fins stuff that isn't working (like getting rid of some of my really dark transfer lines).

I used white, dark umber, pale vermillion, spanish orange, scarlet lake, indigo, black grape.  You may need to adjust or add a few colors to match what your piece needs. 

I added a light layer of black grape to the entire background.  This allowed me to add some dark near her face and the darken a few areas in the background that pulled the eye too much.  I added the light layers using the side of a sharpened pencil, with light pressure.

I also added more black grape to the hair and also added some scarlet lake to the hair.  I did a little work to parts of the skin and the front of the hair.  The light area on the top back part of the hair needs some shaping as does her arm pit and still more work on her neck, it's not quite right yet.  I will repost when I can get to all that and after looking things over and making adjustments.