10/12/21

Zoom Mixed Media October, 2021

 

I wet the paper, I made it very wet (probably a little too wet).  I then added warm yellow (perm. yellow deep) and warm red (pyrrole scarlet) and the mixtures of the two colors.  I also splattered the colors as well.  When I moved the paper.  Later drips formed so I moved the paper to let them move around.  All of the drops went away due to how wet the paper was.

I made a glaze with the same 2 colors leaning it mostly yellow.   I glazed the entire surface and then splattered the paper while wet with a mostly red mixture.  This added more texture.


I wet the paper and dropped in purple blue (ultramarine) and cool red (quin. rose) as well as mixtures of the two colors.  I then splattered the colors as well.

After the paper was completely dry, I made a glaze with the same two colors and gently applied it over the entire surface to get rid of the white areas and make the texture more gentle.

I wet the paper, dropped in green blue (phthalo blue) and cool yellow (aureolin yellow).  When the paper was wet and shiny (avoiding the puddled areas) I added course sea salt.

After the paper was completely dry I mixed the 2 colors to make a glaze (a glaze is the color with a lot of water).  I leaned the color towards the blue.  I then glazed the entire surface to knock back the texture a little.


Now, I need to decide which background.  

The purple one is pretty and will have a mid contrast since it's not a complimentary color or an analogous color.  I also happen to love purple.  

The red and yellow background is more analogous to the subject and will add a glow to the skin and the piece will have a warmth to it that will be nice.  

The green and blue one is complimentary to the skin and the colors will contrast more with the skin.  This background is more exciting and will add drama.

Any of these backgrounds will work, it just depends on which message or feel or look I want to have.  It depends on which one is speaking to me at the moment.  Still considering...