8/19/21

NCBG ACP August, 2021

 

I worked on two petals before class.  I demonstrated a petal and the center part in class.  I used white, crimson red, crimson lake, yellow chartreuse, grass green, indigo, scarlet lake.  

I do these pieces in layers, the layers help with blending.  Lighter colors can be helpful for additional blending as well.  Sometimes I will add a light color like white, cream, or yellow over a dark or medium colored pencil area and the re-establish the local color and value on top.

You can used a stiff scrubby type brush to push the color into the textured surface for blending if you wish.  I usually use a scrubby brush on the first layer.  Clean the scrubby on a scrap piece of paper by rubbing it on the paper.  When I use a scrubby, I keep several scrubby brushes for various values of colors when working.