8/28/21

NCBG ACP August, 2021



This is how the piece looked before class.

I worked on the background and on the bottom right leaf in class.  I added darks and lights to make leaves and apples pop forward or to move them back into space.  I worked on the upper left corner erasing some of the color and I added dark to the upper right corner.  

I added some leaves and branches after class. I kept the amount of leaves and branches simple for class so that you would not be overwhelmed with so many leaves and branches.  Not sure if I will add more, might add some on the right side and upper left.

I added some yellow and red lightly to the background.  I added more white to the highlights.  I lifted some darks that were too strong. 

I lowered the contrast of the branches and leaves as they went off the page.  This helps stop these shapes from being roadways out of the artwork. 

I worked on some edges and added more color to some of the dark areas.

I re-add white to the highlights throughout the process and then again at the end before I spray workable fixative and frame the piece.