7/24/21

Zoom Colored Pencil Class July, 2021

 

This is the photo taken after class.  I worked mostly around the eye and beak adding values, color as needed, and details.  I used white, cream, black, and dark umber the most and also burnt ochre, sienna brown, Spanish orange, pale vermillion, and 50% gray.  I worked on the feather as well, organizing the shapes and values and adding texture as needed.  I used a sharp white and black pencil to start adding the fine feathers.  This is about 85% complete.  I need to finish some of the feather areas and then set it up to look at and make changes or additions as needed.  As I told you this end process can take weeks or months, but it's mostly looking and correcting or enhancing.  Most often it's to do with values, the lights and darks.  

This is how it looked right before class.  I had started working on the left  and left bottom and middle to right bottom feathers adding and organizing values and more color as well as adding and organizing the texture.

This is what it looked like after last week's class.

This is of course the first layer, the light value layer that I do on all dark and medium dark colored surfaces.  I usually use white and/or sometimes cream or a color such as light peach.  For this I used white and cream.