7/24/21

NCBG Beginning Colored Pencil May, 2021









I worked on the stem and parts of the blueberries that were incomplete or not started yet.  I also used Peacock blue with a little Copenhagen blue to start a background.  I added the background because I have several stains on the white paper.  I shade the peacock, blend with a drawing stump, erase for some light areas and add Copenhagen and more peacock for darker areas and use the blending stump again. 

I did the next step on the bottom part of the background compared to the photo above this one.   I blended, used the eraser to make light areas, added some Copenhagen to darken in some areas, and blended again.

I will finish the background.  After that I enter the final part of the process.  I set this up in a place that I can look at it to refine and make corrections.  This part of the process usually takes weeks but can take months (especially if the piece had some struggles). 

Notice the more layers of pencil and blending the smoother it gets.