5/14/21

NCBG Beginning Colored Pencil May, 2021

This is the additional piece I worked on.  This is the photo from last week.



These photos are at the same place.  They look different due to lighting and the camera used to take them.  I wanted you to see the variation.  And this is after I used editing to try and bring them closer together.


I demonstrated this part of the process again for a student who missed the first class.  

For the fig - I added Canary Yellow over the entire fig (except on the one highlight) and on the partial fig at the bottom.

For the branch - This has several light layers.  I often add color on the bottom layers to add warmth, richness, and to make it more interesting and varied.
1. for this one I used yellow chartreuse and added some of that lightly to areas that looked yellow in the photo.  
2. I used warm red (Scarlet lake) and added some lightly to areas that had a reddish tint in the photo. 
3. I used a warm brown (Burnt Ochre) and did a light to medium layer over the entire branch.
4. I used a dark brown (Dark Umber) to add dark values.
5. I used White to re-establish the highlights and light areas as needed.