5/14/21

NCBG Beginning Colored Pencil May, 2021

This is the photo from last week.


These photos are at the same place.  They look different due to lighting and the camera used to take them.  I wanted you to see the variation.  And this is after I used editing to try and bring them closer together.

During class I worked on the fig in layers.  I added grass green, lightly, to shift the fig towards green.  I then used grass green, indigo blue, white, spanish orange and yellow chartreuse plus burnt ochre to work on the values, the color, and the details.  I studied the photo and added darks, lights, texture, little details, and concentrated on warm and cool areas.

Next I focused on the branch, especially the lights and darks.  I used burnt ochre, dark brown, indigo blue, and white.  I also added color using spanish orange, scarlet, lake or yellow chartreuse.  I started to add texture and details.  I will continue the branch next week.