5/14/21

NCBG Beginning Colored Pencil May, 2021

The first step is to use white and shade the highlights in layers.

The second step is to shade parts of the white with yellow chartreuse (or chartreuse) leaving the highlights white.  

I did the left flower before class.  



These 2 photos are of the same stage of the drawing taken with different cameras under different lighting.

I demonstrated the first 2 steps using white and then yellow chartreuse on 2 petals on the right side flower

I left 2 petals blank in order to demonstrate this process later for a student who have missed class.

I then demonstrated adding the red using crimson lake.  I added some spanish orange on the edges of some of the red as well as in some green areas where warmth was needed.  We will continue this project in the next class.