11/26/20

NCBG MM Oct. & Nov. 2020

 

This is still in process. 

Using the same colors as before, I worked on more layers, refining the values, adding details as well as adding more color.  I used a lot of white. I have some refining to do on the onion, but it is getting close to complete.

I have darkened the background following the pattern of the watercolor plastic wrap texture.  There is colored pencil over the entire background (which is typical for my pieces).  I used the two cool grays, 50% and 90% to do this.  I made it darker to add contrast and pop the onion forward.  I am considering adding color to the background, trying to decide on the color...

I am also working on the board it is sitting on, I started adding color.  I am also still refining the values.  I am using colors from the onion on the board as well as the two grays from the background.

Below are photos of the start so you can see the difference more layers makes.

The initial colored pencil layers.

The start, a value study with watercolor