3/25/20

Wake Forest Acrylic and Mixed Media Class

This was how the landscape was before class.

Using a mixed dark (black + red + yellow) I started shaping the tree lines.  I then mixed yellow into a section of the dark to make a muted dark green and added some evergreens.  I also used a mixed orange and red and yellow to ass some all trees.  Then, using white I added the light trees and further shaped the tree lines.  I also used the white on the left side at the grass line to fix an area.  Next class we will work on the grass from the back to the foreground.

First I transferred the drawing and dampened the paper.  I dropped in the local color of the background and the bird letting it mix together a little at the edges. In the next class, after this was dry, I used dark green colored pencil to add dome of the dark and start shaping the background.  I used white to add highlights and over some color to reshapes the bird a little.  I used sienna brown on the bird as well as slate blue, canary yellow, cream, indigo, dark brown, and black.  We are lightly adding color to make a "road map" of the bird as a start.