3/31/20

SW CP Class

I started with white and indigo to work on the values, the lights and darks, over the entire piece.  If this were not a class demonstration piece I would finish the value part before adding color.  On the leaves I added canary yellow lightly over the entire piece.  Then I used dark green lightly over the entire piece.  I used a stump to blend and smooth.  I then did more light layers with the 4 colors - dark green, canary yellow, white, and indigo.  I used a stump and/or white, lightly, as needed to blend.  On the petals I used crimson red and added it lightly over the petals.  Then I used a stump and/or white to blend and smooth.  I re-layered with the crimson red, white or indigo as needed to shape the petals.  Think values, values, values!

This is a photo taken in a different light with my phone.  The color is not correct.  The colors of these photos change depending on where and when I take the photograph and with what camera.

I worked on the petals, layering and shaping with the white and the two colors, crimson red and indigo blue.  We used white to shape and blend as well.  We can also use the stump (it adds no extra wax).  This photo was taken in poor light so the colors are off.

 This is the flower after a little more work this morning on the leaves.  You can see the various levels.  The color of this photo is close to the actual color and was taken with my good camera in the white light tent during daylight.