6/12/19

NCBG Beginning Colored Pencil, June 2019

Using white, indigo, crimson red, spanish orange and an added color, yellow chartreuse, I added more layers paying attention to values/lights and darks/light on form.  You can also use the other colors form our palette - canary yellow, peacock blue, grass green if needed for your piece.  This is the refining and detailing part of the process.  I also showed you hoe to cut the brightness of green with a light layer of red, similar to glazing with watercolor.  I showed you how to fix areas and lighten areas using white and then adding color over the top if needed.  I also sharpen the edges using well sharpened pencils and an eraser if needed. Some areas are getting there, but there is still more to do. 

For this first step I have used a white pencil.  I concentrated on the light values and the form.  I basically have done a value study in white.  Remember to build the white in light layers.  I still have a few areas left to complete(the middle and the part of the stem under the bottom petal and the top bud).