6/19/19

NCBG BCP June 2019

I added some ore darks.  Still more darks and some refining to do, especially in the upper left tip.

I used yellow chartreuse on the middle section lightly over the entire section like a glaze.  i used indigo in the middle to add shadows and white to reestablish highlights.  It needs a bit more contrast which will happen with the same colors in more layers.  I used spanish orange, scarlet lake, and indigo plus white on the branch in layers to make various shades of brown.  I used spanish orange, scarlet lake, and indigo plus white on the bracts and near the ends to start shaping the tips of the bracts.  I will do more next class.  Be careful with indigo.  Use it lightly and often in conjunction with the red or the red and yellow.  Less is more with indigo.

Using true blue I started lightly shading the blueberries making use of the stik tak to smooth pencil strokes.  I shaded with the blue wherever it was blue, green and purple and the black areas.  AVOID the yellow and orange sections.  On the orange brown stem if you add blue make it very light (using the stik tak to lighten)

close up