6/6/19

NCBG Beginning Colored Pencil

Step 1 - Using white and true blue I lightly shaded the light and dark values.  I used the side of the sharpened pencil and mostly used a circular stroke, sometimes used a back and forth stroke, to smooth the pencil marks.

This is another photo of step 1.  Note the differences the lighting and camera can make.

This is step 2.  I went over the green areas with canary yellow and the red areas with crimson red, lightly, using similar strokes as before.  I did put a little crimson red into some of the darker green areas.

Here I added peacock blue, then spanish orange to warm the green and red.  I then used indigo blue for the dark areas and some grass green.  I also started adding more crimson red layers.  This is now in the middle stage in some of the sections.  This is a demo piece so not all areas are at the same level.  More layers and blending to come in the next class.  Work lightly and build the layers.