6/28/19

NCBG BCP June 2019

I worked on more of the branch and added some Spanish Orange, lightly, to the petals to add warmth.  I then added more white using the darkened photo I sent to you in an email (it shows the lightest lights). 

This is not complete, it needs some areas to be finished and then the whole piece needs more values and refining.  The process of refining/finishing something occurs for me over a few days or a week mostly looking at it and assessing.  I set the piece up and sit and study it.  I make changes as needed.
 

I started adding a background using chartreuse and indigo.  You can add more colors or different colors depending on the look you want.

I finished more of the true blue value study.

After finishing the true blue value study I started adding crimson lake to the red, orange, brown, purple and dark areas of the blueberries.  Then I added canary yellow to the green, yellow, orange and brown areas of the blueberries.  Using crimson lake, true blue, canary yellow, scarlet lake and indigo I started refining the top left blueberry and the branches.  The black area was made with all the colors (it still needs some form, light on the left and dark on the ride side as it curves around).  This is of course not complete.