3/11/19

Sertoma CW March & April 2019

I started this by transferring the drawing first and then wet the background and over the back leg that is in shadow. I dropped in color - a purple I mixed (ultramarine and quin. rose) along with permanent yellow deep.  While it was wet I did sanding with watercolor pencils and added some salt.  Later I went gently over the background with water a brush.  I also softened the edges of the bird with water and a brush.  I will work on this starting wet and getting more dry as I go on.

I started this one by transferring the drawing first. Then I will work section by section wet-on-wet and fairly pigmented. I started on the trees in the background and windows.  Then I mixed a dark color using 3 primaries. I used pthalo blue, quin. rose, and permanent yellow deep.  Then I did the front panel of the car.  I used pthalo blue and ultramarine mixed for the blue.  I used pyrrol scarlet (warm red) for the rust.  I wet the paper and dropped in the blue paying attention to the values.  I then dropped in the red and dotted the red with a little blue.  Then while it was still wet I did a little sanding with orange and brown watercolor pencils.