3/7/19

BAL Colored pencil and Watercolor Pencil, March 2019

I started this with a blank piece of very wet paper.  I added color from the tip of the watercolor pencils, by splattering and by sanding (using a small grater I ran the watercolor pencil in the grater that was held over the wet paper letting the little speckles fall onto the wet paper).  After it dried I transferred the drawing and started with a white colored pencil paying attention the the values (I did a small area for demonstration purposes).

For this one I transferred the drawing first.  I shaded on dry paper with the watercolor pencils.   I then wet it with water.  I used water to pull some of the color into the background and used splattering and salt to make texture.  I may do a little more color with the watercolor pencils before using the colored pencils.