1/24/19

A&A W J&F, 2019

I mixed a dark neutral (3 primaries).  i took a bit of the neutral and added a lot of water to make it lighter. I wet the cow around the spots and dropped in the neutral color and guided it around.  While it was still wet I dropped in some red as well.  I wet and dropped in the light color for the small cow in the back. 

I worked on the wing.  I wet the area and added the neutral in lines in the direction of the feathers.  I added some red as well.  It still needs more darks.  I wet the posts at the bottom and added many colors in a vertical pattern.  I did not mix them with the brush, I dropped them while holding the paper upright so they would run.  I wet the beak and added the neutral color and red.  Later I came back and added white gouache.  I added yellow to the head.  Later I came and shaded it with white gouache.