2/7/19

DAC MM Jan & Feb 2019

I worked a little more on some of the turtle shells.

I worked a little on the red pepper and added the shadows underneath the peppers.

Rubber cement and on pass with paint.  have removed the rubber cement (usually leave it to do more layers).  See the texture handout for information on how to make these textures.

Plastic wrap.

Sanding.

Wax paper.

The under painting for the woman.  At home before class I wet the paper and dropped in orange and a cool yellow.  After that dried is when I should have transferred the drawing (I did it before and it was hard to see). I then used rubber cement to make texture in her hair and on her scalp.  I used a purple and blue to make the darks.  I dripped the hair strands.  Then I wet the paper around her head and added some color to the dark parts of her hair and added darks to her face as well (I used the purple and blue - the purple was quin. rose and ultramarine plus phthalo blue.  The blue was phthalo blue plus ultramarine mixed together).  I have more hair to add and a little more dark.  I will post again when I have it done.  For the shirt area I added a green (phthalo blue and warm yellow) and put plastic wrap to make the texture.

This is the same woman in process as a watercolor painting.  I mentioned it and a few of you wanted to see it.  I started it last fall and it's been sitting there until I can get back to it.  I have a bit more to do.